A man went to trim his hair and beard. As always happens, he and the
barber chatted about this and that, until – commenting on a newspaper
article about street kids – the barber stated:
- As you can see, this tragedy shows that God doesn’t exist. Don’t
you read the papers? So many people suffer, abandoned children, there’s
so much crime. If God existed, there wouldn’t be so much suffering.
- You know something? Barbers don’t exist.
- What do you mean, don’t exist? I’m here, and I’m a barber.
- They don’t exist! – insisted the man. – Because if they did, there
wouldn’t be people with such longs beards and such tangled hair.
- I can guarantee that barbers do exist. But these people never come in here.
- Exactly! So, in answer to your question, God exists, too. It just
so happens that people don’t go to Him. If they did, they would be more
giving, and there wouldn’t be so much misery in the world.